The following charges are payable or potentially payable by a tenant:
- Holding deposit - A maximum of one week's rent
- Security deposit - Five weeks rent, rising to six weeks rent when the annual rent is in excess of £50,000
- Rent and Utility bills - Payable as outlined in the Tenancy Agreement Unpaid rent - Interest at 3% above the Bank of England base rate, as outlined in the Tenancy Agreement
- Lost Keys - Tenants are liable for the cost of replacing any lost keys or security device, including a change of lock or replacement of device if required
- Amendments of Tenancy Agreement at Tenant's Request - A minimum of £50 per change which could increase depending on the level of work required to carry out the amendment
- Early Surrender of the AST at Tenant's Request - Should a tenant need to surrender the tenancy early and the Landlord agrees to re-let the property, the liability for the payment of rent will end once a new tenant is found and takes up occupation. However, the tenant will still need to cover the Landlord's costs in surrendering the tenancy and re-letting the property.
Non AST signed on or after 1st June 2019
For any individual tenant not renting a property under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy the following charges are also payable:
- Tenancy Administration charge - £280 per tenancy
- Reference charge - £60 per tenant or guarantor
- Check-in charge - £150 per tenancy
- Renewal charge - £150 per renewal
If a tenant decides to rent a property through us in the name of a business or company the tenancy administration and reference charge will be £480 for a new tenancy and £240 for every renewal.
All prices are inclusive of VAT.